- From the Showcase program folder choose the MSODBC Data Source Administrator. Since you may be creating the data source with an Admin profile which will be different from the end user's profile, it is recommended that you create a System DSN. A system DSN will be available for use by any user logging in to the PC.
- Choose Add then move through the list of drivers and locate the Showcase IBM I Driver. (It is important to use the Showcase driver since it supports Showcase security and many Showcase functions including dates and JDE integration.)
- Click Finish.
- On the next screen enter a data source name (this will often be the same for all PCs at a single location). The Description field is optional. IBM I IP Address can be either a true IP address or a system host name if the host name can be pinged from the PC.
- Finally enter the port for the Showcase server connection.
- Click OK, then Apply.
- Open Query and you should see the new data source available for use.
Watch the video for more information.
Last Modified On:
No, open a new Support Case
You don't have the appropriate permissions.