If an Automate task includes a 'Send Email' action or is set to send an email upon error, the following email related errors may occur:
A mail server will generate a "Relaying Denied" error when an unauthorized user attempts to send non-local email through the server. Non-local email is email which is addressed to a different server. Generally for security purposes, server settings can be modified to block relaying. In other words, an email server can be set so that it will not relay mail from just anyone. It will only allow trusted users or computers to send email via the server. Furthermore, some servers allow you to send email internally but not to external email addresses.
- Automate doesn't use the email settings from Windows, therefore, you would need to configure Automate so that it can send email via 'System' -> 'Options' -> 'E-mail' tab. Note that you must be connecting to an SMTP server.
- If using Microsoft Exchange, SMTP relaying may be blocked. Make sure that your exchange server is configured to allow SMTP relaying either for trusted IP addresses or for users that are authenticated.
- You may need to have your email server set up to allow relaying for the current user. (Please contact your system administrator for the proper configurations).
- You may need to have relaying allowed for Automate and / or the machine or IP Address that Automate is installed on. (Please contact your system administrator for the proper configurations).
- If the outgoing server is provided by your ISP, you may need to contact them to find out if relaying is supported. If so, request for the proper settings.
- The "From" email address should be a user on the server.
- Make sure the "Use authentication" option is checked and populated with information of a user that is allowed to send email through the server
- Some servers are smart enough to recognize that when you are properly authenticated to receive mail, then you should also be able to send mail. In this case, you can check your POP3 email first before sending SMTP email.
Applies To: Automate 5, Automate 6, Automate 7, Automate BPA Server 7
Last Modified On:
No, open a new Support Case
You don't have the appropriate permissions.