When user opens an existing file in Report Writer (RW), receives:
"invalid file name","Internal error problem creating IDAPI table"
This same user can open the same file on a different PC and all is fine! May also find that Report Writer opens and then closes, but the Query product will stay open.
Exception BDEEngineError in module BDEADMIN.EXE at 00054FA2.
An error occurred while attempting to initialize the Borland Database Engine (error $3E06)
The problem is that the Borland install has become unusable / corrupted.
- Uninstall the ShowCase Client Update (if the Showcase client has been patched)
- Uninstall the ShowCase client
- Delete the installation folder for ShowCase, if it still remains.
- Delete the folder for BDE, located at: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Borland Shared\Bde
- Run Regedit and delete the BDE key located at: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Borland\Database Engine
- Reboot the PC
- Log in with a user profile that is defined as an Administrator on the PC (NOT a Network Admin, but specifically defined on the PC as an Administrator)
- Reinstall ShowCase client software
- Reboot the PC again
- Apply the ShowCase Client patch.
Last Modified On:
No, open a new Support Case
You don't have the appropriate permissions.