DataImport has long been tethered exclusively to the Windows platform and to the WinSpool suite of report delivery products. RJS has recently developed a way of natively calling the conversion process via a web service. The following instructions will guide you in configuring the PC web service and the iSeries. If you are planning on installing the PC web service on a Windows 2008 Server (32 or 64 bit) or Windows 2012 Server, please contact RJS Support.
Configuring the PC web service
- Install .NET 1.1 and 2.0.
- If you install IIS after .NET 2.0 you must Repair ASP.NET.
- Create the directories C:\RJSTEMP and C:\DI6 if they do not already exist.
- Install the Visual Basic 5.0 Runtime Files.
- Download the DataImport components and unzip them to C:\WINDOWS\system32.
- Register the ActiveX components by running the following BAT file from a Windows command line: C:\WINDOWS\system32\regdiw.bat
- Unzip the DataImport Web Service to C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\RJSDIWServer
- Go into IIS under ?Administrative Tools?, right click on RJSDIWServer and select ?Properties? and click ?Create? on the right of ?Application name? then click ?OK?
- Test web service with following URL: http://localhost/RJSDIWServer/DIWMergeForm.aspx. It will prompt for missing parameters.
- web.config should require no modifications. The site will need to be registered as an ASP.NET 2.0 application.
Configuring the iSeries
Note: DataImport requires Native Text PRN /TXT Converter and Native Dataimport Converter Licenses
The RJSCONVERT library must be at version 1.52 or above. You can check your current version with the command below:
If you are at a lower version than 1.52, please upgrade.
- Configure RJSCONVERT to point to the web service by updating the DIWRMTSVR data area. An example command is below, assuming that the web service is at the IP address 184.108.40.206 and is using port 1080:
CHGDTAARA DTAARA(RJSCONVERT/DIWRMTSVR) VALUE(http://220.127.116.11:1080)
- License the Native DataImport Converter (requires the licenses for both the Native Text to PRN/TXT and the Native DataImport Report Converters)
- Create a directory on the IFS to store DataImport mask files. The DataImport masks ''must'' be stored on the IFS. This article will use the IFS path '/rjsdiw' as the mask directory for the remaining examples. If you wish to share the /rjsdiw folder so that it may be more readily accessed from PCs, you may use the following command:
ADDIFSSHR SHARENAME(RJSDIW) ACTION(*ADD) PATHNAME('/rjsdiw') PERMISSION(*READWRITE) MAXUSERS(*NOMAX)
- Test the CPYSPLDIW command. Sample syntax:
CPYSPLDIW FILE(SPOOL) JOB(000000/USER/JOB) SPLNBR(1) FILNAM('/RJSTEMP/REPORT.XLS') MASKNAME('/rjsdiw/invoices.msk') TRANTYPE(XLS8) MASKLOC(*IFS) RMTSVRURL(*DEFAULT)
Native DataImport conversion has been directly integrated with the following products:
Email Report Server/400
As of version 2.66, the Email Recipient list now contains options for mask name and output type. Use main output type of DIW to trigger the web service. It will use the DIWRMTSVR data area in the RJSCONVERT library to find the web service. The MAILSPLF command also has DataImport parameters now.
Batch Report Server/400
As of version 1.58, the Output Queue list now contains options for mask name and output type. Use main output type of DIW to trigger the web service. It will use the DIWRMTSVR data area in the RJSCONVERT library to find the web service. Mask information is on the second detail screen. Currently only BCHMON supports DIW conversion. DataImport capabilities will be added to the BCHSPLF, IMGSPLF and FTPSPLF commands at a later date.
Last Modified On:
No, open a new Support Case
You don't have the appropriate permissions.