Receives Error 'Ox2108 while initializing BDE in report writer after having new version of showcase installed onto PC.
The mostly likely cause is BDE is not found in the directory specified by the DDLpath Registry Setting of HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Borland\database engine.
- Apply the procedure below:
- Do a search on your pc using the pattern idapi32.* . You should find a file called idapi32.cfg and a file called idapi32.dll.
- If you only found the idapi32.cfg file, and no idapi32.dll file, then delete the C:\Program Files\Common Files\Borland Shared folder and reinstall.
- After the reinstallation you should have a idapi32.dll file.
- If both files (cfg and dll) were found:
Correct the DLLPATH and CONFIGFILE01 keys in the registry as mentioned below .
Both keys are located in the registry at:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> Software -> Borland -> Database Engine (or do a FIND in regedit on DLLPATH).
Have the DLLPATH set to the directory where the idapi32.dll file is located (mostly C:\Program files\Common Files\Borland Shared\Bde ).
Have the CONFIGFILE01 set to the idapi32.cfg file (mostly C:\Program Files\Common Files\Borland Shared\Bde\idapi32.cfg ).
- Re-install ShowCase Client if necessary.
Last Modified On:
No, open a new Support Case
You don't have the appropriate permissions.