WinSpool/400 Batch Report Server or WinSpool/400 Email Report Server succeeds in making a pass to download all selected report files, but then a Runtime error 52 occurs and the program exits.
There are two possible causes for this problem:
- In older versions of WinSpool/400 Batch Report Server or WinSpool/400 Email Report Server, this error occurs when the Polling Interval is 60 or above. Either change the Polling Interval to between 1 and 59 minutes or upgrade to:
- WinSpool/400 Batch Report Server version 2.0.16 or above.
- WinSpool/400 Email Report Server version 3.0.11 or above.
- If you are running the report server software constantly and are also running a back-up software product such as Arcserv, the back-up product is locking files during processing and causing the program to error and exit.
As a work-around, run the report server from a job scheduler program using the following command lines:
- For WinSpool/400 Batch Report Server: C:\WSPBCH32\WSPBCH32.EXE ONCE
- For WinSpool/400 Email Report Server: C:\WSPESR32\WSPESR32.EXE ONCE
The programs will now make a single download pass and then exit after each pass. Set the job scheduler so that it does not process reports at the same time that the back-up software is running.
Note: Internet Explorer 5.0 contains a job scheduler program that can be used with Windows 95/98/NT.
Last Modified On:
No, open a new Support Case
You don't have the appropriate permissions.