Opening an Excel sheet with an embedded query produces:
"Macro error at cell: [FileName.xls]ScDataWorksheet!A1".
This error occurs when opening an Excel file containing ShowCase queries while at the same time the ShowCase Excel add-in is not active.
- Within MS Excel: Select Tools | Add-Ins. (this may very depending on the MS Office version)
- In the "Add-Ins available" window verify that ShowCase Query Add-In is listed.
- If it is listed: Select "Query Add-in" and click OK. It will be added to the ShowCase Menu.
- If it is not listed, continue to Step 3 below.
- Select Browse. This will open the search option.
- Find the file for the ShowCase Query Excel Add-ins as follows:
For Windows XP, the Query Add-Ins file, (SCXADD32. XLL), is located at:
For Windows 7 (32-bit), the Query Add-Ins file, (SCXADD32. XLL), is located at:
- Select the desired file and click OK and the Add-Ins list will be returned.
- Ensure that the Add-Ins are selected and click OK.
- The ShowCase menu will now appear in the Excel menu bar.
Last Modified On:
No, open a new Support Case
You don't have the appropriate permissions.