To figure out what fields to query when using the DOCSQL command:
- Use DSPFFD to display field definitions.
- Use the WRKDBF utility to view a file and field definitions:
Note: You may not have this utility.
- ADDLIBLE WRKDBF
- WRKDBF FILENAME(QIWS/QCUSTCDT)
- Use the WRKF command to determine which files reside in a library.
For example: To display a list of all files in a library, use:
- Use DSPFD to display basic info about an iSeries file.
- Use the iSeries interactive SQL utility to display files using SQL statements.
Note: You must have a license for an IBM SQL-licensed product to use this utility.
Not using SQL? Here's why you should be.
Last Modified On:
No, open a new Support Case
You don't have the appropriate permissions.