- Removed support for the following undocumented PC commands:
- Fixed issue with PPP License Splash Screen still showing even when REG parameter is passed in.
- Added save as output format parameter so users can specify PDF, XPS or other formats from MS Word on the save as. For MERGELETTERSAVE, parm 6 is output format as one of MS Word "FileFormat" numeric values. If P6 not passed, standard MS Word format is used as normal. For MERGELETTERPRINTSAVE, parm 11 is output format as one of MS Word "FileFormat" numeric values. 'If P11 not passed, standard MS Word format is used as normal.
- Numeric values for available formats as defined by Microsoft: Blank will use standard word format. PDF=17 XPS=18 RTF=6 Document default=16 HTML=8 Filtered HTML=10 XML=11 XMLDocument=12 XMLDocumentMacroEnabled=13 XMLTemplate=14 XMLTemplateMacroEnabled=15 DOS text=4 DOS text line breaks=5 Encoded text=7 Flat XML=19 Flat XML Macro Enabled=20 Flat XMLtemplate =21 Flat XML template macro enabled Macro Enabled=22 Template=1 Text=2 Text line breaks=3 Unicode text=7 Web archive=9 Office document template=23
- Added startup logging to troubleshoot why FTP monitor was not starting. Directory C:\RJSTEMP must exist before log file will show up. INI setting logfile controls the log file name. Ex: c:\rjstemp\rjsofficelog.txt INI setting enablelogging controls whether logging is on. Default = 0, no logging. 1=enable logging
- Problem running in service mode via Firedaemon or other background launcher. Found out that user settings cause an issue when running EXE as part of a background service job. Now if user creates an empty file named: rjsoffice.lcl in the application directory where rjsoffice.exe resides, the rjsoffice.ini file will get created local to that directory, so running as a service will observe correct startup options.
- Fix: Fixed issue when using shared network user support. The problem was introduced at version 1.2.4. The problem was that the configuration file wasn't being created, but was being written to the Windows win.ini file.
- Added code to save settings and temp files to the users Application Data directory instead of the program directory.
- Enabled printing via AcroRd32 API (Requires RJSAcroRead32 API to be loaded on PC). This update is only applicable to customers using the PKTPDFPRTA command which is part of the RJS Document Assembly Licensing. It allows documents to be printed using the Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Fixed *CLIPAPPEND option so appending to clipboard works correctly.
The *CLIPSET option also no longer needs a *CLIPCLEAR first.
Enabled sending misc extra PDF printing commands to VPDF print API.
Corrected misspelling on frmMinimizeInfo.
Added directives for TIFF to PDF support that are part of the RJS Document (Packet) Assembly licensed API's. RJS Document Assembly API license is required.
Requires RJSPDFMERGER V1.0.8 or above.
Added directives for PDF Append and Merge that are part of the RJS Document (Packet) Assembly licensed API's. RJS Document Assembly API license is required.
Requires RJSPDFMERGER V1.0.8 or above.
27 August 2009
- Added HTTPDOWNLOAD directive to download and launch a file from a WebDocs iSeries URL
OFCRUNPC CMD('HTTPDOWNLOAD~http://10.8.1.54:1080/imageserver/doc100r?Action=VIEW&IDOCID=AS400DOC-000000000042076~ ~1') OPTION(*OTHER)
- Parm1 = WebDocs View URL to use.
- Parm2 = Output file name. If left blank, file is downloaded to Windows\Temp folder.
- Parm3 = 0=No launch, 1=Launch after download completes
17 August 2009
- Added NOTIFY directive to display a notification message on the PC.
OFCRUNPC CMD('NOTIFY~This is a test messsage~2000~170~170~c:\windows\media\ding.wav') OPTION(*OTHER)
- Parm1 = Notification Message
- Parm2 = Display Time. If set to 0 it does not disappear automatically. If left blank, default of 2000 milliseconds will be used
- Parm3 = Window height. If left blank, the default of 170 will be used
- Parm4 = Window Width. If left blank, the default of 170 will be used
- Parm5 = Notification Sound path. If left blank or not found on PC, the default sound in File/Settings will be used
1.1.93 - 1.1.95
11 August 2009
Enabled Office Integrator PC component to be able to use customized high performance PDF printing. The custom PDF printing components are NOT part of the base Office Integrator product so contact RJS Sales to discuss.
17 July 2009
- Added CLOSESCANWORKSTATION directive to close all instances of the RJS Scan Workstation. This can be used to make sure there are no instances of the RJS Scan Workstation open before running another command using the RJS Scan Workstation.
OFCRUNPC CMD('CLOSESCANWORKSTATION~') OPTION(*OTHER)
- Added CLOSEWINDOWSPROCESS directive to close specified Windows processes.
OFCRUNPC CMD('CLOSEWINDOWSPROCESS~RJSIMGSCAN.EXE~NOTEPAD.EXE') OPTION(*OTHER)
26 June 2009
- Added new option to have Office Integrator attempt to close open application windows by locating the window via it's text caption. Up to 10 tilde delimited Window title captions can be specified so you can close up to 10 windows per call. Partial Window captions can be specified using a "Starts with" text value passed to the command.
Listed below is a command line sample that attempts to close an Internet Explorer Window that starts with iGoogle Google Window and also an instance of Notepad. Parms use a "Starts With" when scanning the window caption title. Supports up to 10 tilde delimited Windows captions so you can close up to 10 Windows. If a Window is not found, the close operation does not raise any errors.
OFCRUNPC CMD('FINDCLOSEWIN~iGoogle~Untitled - Notepad') OPTION(*OTHER)
18 May 2009
- Added audible notification when using MSGBOX in the OFCRUNPC command. This option is not enabled by default.
15 January 2009
- Re-added frmMessageBox code that was disabled in 1.1.86
- Added zero byte file check option to OFCRUNPC command. If file exists and has data, no error occurs. If file not found or file exists with 0 bytes of data, a CPF9898 error is thrown.
OFCRUNPC CMD('FILEZEROBYTES~C:\TEST.BOB') OPTION(*OTHER)
- When OFCRUNPC command with *LAUNCHEXEC option is run, a CPF9898 error will return if the file does not exist or if the application needed to launch the file type is not found. Previously these errors were not trapped so the *LAUNCHEXE appeared to complete normally.
- Changed MERGELETTERPRINT2 to have MS Word display alerts set = false. This should prevent any dialogs from popping up on MS Word errors.
- WORDEXIT2 should now work correctly. Added extra code to insure MS Word gets unloaded.
- Start of new Print API for PDF files. Not released yet.
7 July 2008
- Added VERIFYPRINTER directive to validate printer name. The printer parameter is case sensitive.
Example usage from iSeries:
OFCRUNPC CMD('VERIFYPRINTER~PrinterName') OPTION(*OTHER)
12 June 2008
- Added a check to see if the WebDocs iSeries Workflow Client is running before UPDATEROUTEINDEXES is ran. If it is not running and error -5 will be returned to the iSeries.
9 May 2008
- Added UPDATEROUTEINDEXES directive to update indexes on an open document in the WebDocs iSeries Workflow Client.
**NOTE: Requires WebDocs iSeries Workflow Client V1.0.10 or above.'
- Parm1 = DocType
- Parm2 = DocTitle
- Parm3 = Index 1
- Parm4 = Index 2
- Parm5 = Index 3
- Parm6 = Index 4
- Parm7 = Index 5
- Parm8 = Index 6
- Parm9 = Index 7
- Parm10 = Index 8
- Parm11 = Index 9
- Parm12 = Index 10
- Parm13 = Show Update Index Form
- Parm14 = Approval Note (If passed then the user won't be prompted for an Approval Note)
OFCRUNPC CMD('UPDATEROUTEINDEXES~DocType~DocTitle~Index1~Index2~Index3~Index4~Index5~Index6~Index7~Index8~Index9~Index10~0~Approval Note') OPTION(*OTHER)
7 April 2008
- Added message box form in order to send a message box to the users PC without them having to press the OK button before the PC component returns control back to the calling iSeries program.
Example: OFCRUNPC CMD('MSGBOX~This is a test message for the new message box.') OPTION(*OTHER)
24 March 2008
- Added printer bin parm to be passed to RJS Imaging Client when using the DOCIMGPRT command on the iSeries. This requires RJSIMGDOC.EXE version 1.0.68 or above.
- Moved the changing of the windows printer back to the default from just one time at the end of the function to the end of each Word operation that we change the printer like in the MERGELETTERPRINT. This will allow Word functions that we are not setting the default printer like in MERGELETTER the user can change the printer using a Macro and we won't change it back after the merge.
29 February 2008
- Fixed issue with Default printer not being set back correctly after a MERGELETTERPRINT.
26 February 2008
- Added code to retrieve the Default printer for the MERGELETTERPRINT to retrieve it right before the print happens if the printer variable is left blank or "DEFAULT" is specified in the iSeries command.
24 October 2007
1.) Added setting to launch applications in the foreground. If this option is disabled this option will not set the registry FOREGROUNDLOCKTIMEOUT to 0 it will set it to 200000 instead.
Added WAITPDFCREATOR option to force a wait interval until the PDF Creator is done spooling a document. This is a *OTHER option that should only be used when user wants to wait until a document has been completely printed to a PDF document before continuing. This option would typically be called right after printing a MS Word or other document to the PDF Creator print driver to create a PDF file. The wait makes sure that the PDF Creator queue is clear before trying to process another PDF with the PDF Creator. WARNING: Only 1 job should be printing to a PDF file via PDF Creator at a time. Printing to PDF Creator printing only works in a single threaded fashion.
OFCRUNPC CMD('WAITPDFCREATOR~') OPTION(*OTHER)
Fixed issue with *BLANK being put into Folder, Title, DocType and Index Keys 1-10 when using the RJSSCANNEW, RJSSCANNEWBATCH, RJSSCAN and RJSSCANKEYS commands with the Scan Workstation.
Added ability to pass *BLANK for Folder, Title, DocType and Index Keys 1-10 in the RJSSCANNEW, RJSSCANNEWBATCH, RJSSCAN and RJSSCANKEYS. This can be used to blank out existing fields that are filled in the Scan Workstation.
Fixed issue with checking 29th parm when sending values to Scan Workstation. It was actually checking for a blank value on the 28th parm instead of the 29th.
Removed "OPEN" parm from ShellExecute because of issues with PDF's not opening in Acrobat Reader.
Added code to tell Scan Workstation to return control back without having to close the Scan Workstation. 2.) Added code to tell Scan Workstation to stay open instead of closing after returning control. 3.) Added RJSSCANKEYS which will launch the Scan workstation and pass in the Folder, Doc Type, Title and Index keys. If the Scan Workstation is already running it will use the session that is currently running.
Added REG command line parameter which will allow all the licensing code to process and then end the program. This will allow our installation to run the program as administrator for automated installations.
Fixed problem with temporary image location when calling the Scan Workstation being hard coded instead of using the Scan Workstation .ini setting.
Fixed problem in PrintRJSImagetoNewFile routine. If the same filename was used for both input and output file, only the first page got exported since the input file gets overwritten upon the first page output to the output file. Changed the routine to copy the original file to a temp file and then re-write back to the original file. On the iSeries this affects the DOCIMGEXP command.
Fixed issue with timout value stating minutes instead of seconds in the response text box.
Change main form to stat seconds instead of minutes for the timout value.
Fixed issue with program not closing when Windows is shut down which stops Windows from shutting down.
If the Start button has been pressed we not disabled the File/Exit menu until the Stop button is pressed.
Added message to tell the user that the program is minimized to the system tray and not closed.
Changed ConcatPDFDirectory to ConcatPDFDirectory32. Error 13 occurring on Windows 2000 PC.
Added SETBASEPATH directive to change FTP base path. Example usage from iSeries: OFCRUNPC CMD('SETBASEPATH~C:\RJSTEMP545534') OPTION(*OTHER)
Since iSeries command OFCIMGPRT in RJSOFFICE does not match up with the DOCIMGPRT command in RJSIMAGE, we now clean up the missng annotation parms with defaults if parm 17 is blanks which probably means that OFCIMGPRT was called instead of DOCIMGPRT.
If user clicks X when app is open, it now minimizes instead of closing.
Added FILEEXISTS check code that users can call to check for PC file existence.
Added PDF Merge Options Req: Needs RJS PDF Merge .Net Install
Added Delete File Group Option. Parms: directory name, pattern OFCRUNPC PORT(21) CMD('DELETEFILEGROUP~C:\RJSTEMP~TEST_*') OPTION(*OTHER)
Added XLFILEOPENPRINT option. Parms: XLS file, printer name, copies, collate Ex:OFCRUNPC PORT(21) CMD('XLFILEOPENPRINT~C:\RJSTEMP\golf.xls~PDFCreator~1~1') OPTION(*EXCEL)
Added FILEHIDDEN, FILEREADONLY, FILENORMAL options under OTHER. This allows for PC or network file management operations to show/hide files. via their attributes.
Ex Set Normal:
OFCRUNPC PORT(21) CMD('FILENORMAL~C:\RJSTEMP\golf.xls') OPTION(*OTHER)
Ex Set ReadOnly:
OFCRUNPC PORT(21) CMD('FILEREADONLY~C:\RJSTEMP\golf.xls') OPTION(*OTHER)
Ex Set Hidden:
OFCRUNPC PORT(21) CMD('FILEHIDDEN~C:\RJSTEMP\golf.xls') OPTION(*OTHER)
Sample CL command jobstream:
Set PDF Creator Options
OFCRUNPC PORT(21) CMD('PDFCREATOROPT~C:\RJSTEMP\TEST_<DateTime>~1~0~ ~ ') OPTION(*OTHER) ** Print Word Doc to PDFCreator Driver OFCRUNPC PORT(21) CMD('WORDFILEOPENPRINT~C:\RJSTEMP\TEST1.DOC~PDFCreator') OPTION(*WORDOLE)
Print Word Doc to PDFCreator Driver
OFCRUNPC PORT(21) CMD('WORDFILEOPENPRINT~C:\RJSTEMP\TEST2.DOC~PDFCreator') OPTION(*WORDOLE)
Print Excel to PDFCreator Driver
OFCRUNPC PORT(21) CMD('XLFILEOPENPRINT~C:\RJSTEMP\golf.xls~PDFCreator~1~1') OPTION(*EXCEL)
Merge Docs into Single PDF File
OFCRUNPC PORT(21) CMD('MERGEPDF~C:\RJSTEMP~TEST_*~C:\RJSTEMP\TEST_MERGE.PDF ') OPTION(*OTHER)
Need to either print the merged PDF file or capture it back to iSeries here or email it
Delete PDF File Group When Done
OFCRUNPC PORT(21) CMD('DELETEFILEGROUP~C:\RJSTEMP~TEST_*') OPTION(*OTHER)
Added annotation location parameter to DOCIMGPRT and DOCIMGEXP commands and the RJS Image Viewer 1.0.66
Added PrintPDF function for printing PDF files with the OFCPRTPDF command on the iSeries. Requirements: RJS PDF Viewer V1.0.1 or above to be installed on PC RJSOFFICE library with OFCPDFPRT command.
Added initial PDF Creator print to PDF handling logic. **Note PDF creator logic is not complete yet. Do not use.
Added PrintRJSImagetoNewFile function. This 'allows users to export a doc to a new file with or without 'annotation text. RJSIMGPRTNEW must be passed as *OTHER operation Note: Requires RJS Image Doc Viewer V1.0.61 or above to work correctly. Note: Also requires DOCIMGEXP CL command from the RJSIMAGE library. The DOCIMGEXP command is currently available via the RJSIMGUP06 library download. Will be added to RJSIMAGE library build soon.
Changed Auto Start/Minimize to be enabled by default. 2.)Added ini setting to disable the right click menu from the system tray. 3.)Change the maximizing from the system tray to use a double click instead of just a signle click.
Added MERGELETTERPRINTSAVE PC command. This command has the same parms as the MERGELETTERPRINT PC command but the MERGELETTERPRINTSAVE PC command has a Parm 10. This parm holds the destination path to save the merged document.
Added initial implementation of RJSVbScript object calls. This code has not been released yet.
Added shared network user support. If the RJSOFFICE.SHR file exists in the same directory as RJSOFFICE.EXE, then each user will automatically have an INI file created with their Windows user ID in the C:\Program Files\RJSOFFICE folder. Then each users INI settings can be changed so they have their own IP port and home directory as needed.
Added FormDocs Merge Command Support.
Added annotation text print parms to PrintRJSImage function. This ties back to the DOCIMGPRT command in iSeries library RJSIMAGE. Note: Requires RJS Image Doc Viewer V1.0.44 to work correctly. Note: Requires RJSIMAGE library version 1.77 and above.
If file prefix is passed, set the output file prefix in scan workstation. 2.) User can now scan a batch of documents by passing a 2 to scanmode when calling RJSSCAN.
Added logic to handle MS Word 4608 - value out of range error that can occur if a document has too many sections in it and the user trays to set tray numbers for MERGELETTERPRINT. If the 4608 error occurs, we go through all document sections and set the First Tray and Other Tray parms at the section level instead. This is slower than setting the trays at the document level, but this is the only published workaround for this problem in MS Word 2000-2003.
Added tracepoint logic to office integrator to trap tray problem.
Added MERGELETTERPRINTPDF to the *WORDOLE option. This option currently requires the full version of Adobe Acrobat. The syntax is as follows: MERGELETTERPRINTPDF~C:\MERGE\MERGE1.DOT~C:\MERGE\MERGE1.TXT~Acrobat PDFWriter~C:\MERGE\MERGE1.PDF The Run Option is *WORDOLE.
Added the ability to leave the Image Doc Viewer open after viewing a document. This way when the command is called again it will use the viewer that is already open.
Added cropping parms to DOCIMGPRT command.
Added LAUNCHWPARM option to launch a program and pass parms to it The Run Option has to be *OTHER.
Example of PC Command to Run:
LAUNCHWPARM~"C:\Program Files\IBM\Client Access\cwbtf.exe";c:\as400.dtt
Added code to insure that the SaveAs dialog no longer pops up when a MERGELETTERPRINT operation or any similar operations fail. Control will return to the AS/400 program, thus releasing the user workstation.
Added RJSIMGVIEW option to view an image using the RJS image viewer.
Added ability to set default printer duplex settings via an API call other then EventVB5.DLL. Duplex settings: SIMPLEX2/DUPLEXHORIZONTAL2/DUPLEXVERTICAL2
Added and removed test message boxes.
Added ability to set default printer duplex settings and also the default printer tray for a selected printer. Duplex settings: SIMPLEX/DUPLEXHORIZONTAL/DUPLEXVERTICAL Tray numbers can be determined using the RJS Printer Tray Utility.
Added user and password security capability.
Converted to ActiveX EXE so we can launch this program as a service. Created service launcher EXE and DLL for launching this as a service. To register the "RJS iSeries Office Integrator Service", run the following command from the Windows start/run menu.
Register the Service:
"C:\PROGRAM FILES\RJSOFFICE\rjsofficeservice.exe" -i
UnRegister the Service:
"C:\PROGRAM FILES\RJSOFFICE\rjsofficeservice.exe" -u
Added Duplex/Simplex capability. See the TSTMRG5C sample in the RJSOFFICE library for parameter explanations.
Removed machnm1.exe check from the program for license codes.
Added WINFAX API call to send faxes via WinFax. Requires RJS WinFAX API to be loaded on the PC.
Added FILECOPY, FILEMOVE, FILEDELETE options under OTHER. This allows for PC or network file management operations. 2.) DRIVE option not supported with new FTP server control. User must use FILEMOVE, FILECOPY or FILEDELETE to manage files that have been downloaded to the default FTP path.
Delete File “C:\Test.txt”
OFCRUNPC CMD('FILEDELETE~\Test.txt') OPTION(*OTHER)
Copy File “C:\Test.txt” to “C:\RJSTEMP\Test.TXT”
OFCRUNPC CMD('FILECOPY~\Test.txt~\RJSTEMP\Test.TXT~1') OPTION(*OTHER)
Move File “C:\Test.txt” to “C:\RJSTEMP\Test.TXT”
OFCRUNPC CMD('FILEMOVE~\Test.txt~\RJSTEMP\Test.TXT~1') OPTION(*OTHER)
Rename File “C:\Test.txt” to “C:\Test1.TXT”
OFCRUNPC CMD('FILEMOVE~\Test.txt~\Test1.TXT~1') OPTION(*OTHER)
Replaced Mabry FTP ServerX with Dart PowerTCP FTP Server control. I was unhappy with Mabry's support.
Updated Mabry FTP Server control from V1.00.36 to V1.00.37 This will hopefully resolve certain situations where the transferred file sizes were getting truncated when sent from the AS/400.
Make sure to clear IP setting so Mabry control listens on all available IP addresses. Problem was introduced after updating Mabry FTP to V1.00.36
Updated Mabry FTP Server control from V1.00.26 to V1.00.36 This will hopefully resolve certain situations where the transferred file sizes were getting truncated when sent from the AS/400.
Added parms 5 and 6 for the MERGELETTERPRINT directive to pass the printer drawer to use with the selected printer.
- Parm 5 = Printer drawer for first page. This could be used to print a selected letterhead page before the rest of the document.
- Parm 6 = Printer drawer for all other pages. This could be used to print a selected form type for the rest of the document.
Added parms 4 and 5 for the WORDFILEOPENPRINT directive to pass the printer drawer to use with the selected printer.
- Parm 4 = Printer drawer for first page. This could be used to print a selected letterhead page before the rest of the document.
- Parm 5 = Printer drawer for all other pages. This could be used to print a selected form type for the rest of the document.
Note: A copy of the RJS Printer List Utility should be downloaded so that you can list all available drawers for your printer drivers. This will allow you to determine the drawer number that is needed to be passed to these parms since a numeric drawer number is required.
Added a number of new WORD OLE options
- WORDFILECLOSE (Close current file)
- WORDFONTSIZE (Set font size at cursor location)
- WORDFONT (Set font at cursor location) WORDFONTBOLD (Set font to bold at cursor location)
- WORDFILEPRINTDEFAULT (Print current doc to default printer)
- WORDFILENEW (Create new file with template parm)
- WORDFILENEWDEFAULT (Create new file with default template)
- WORDSENDKEYS (Send keys to Word)
- WORDINSERTPARA (Insert text paragraph)
- WORDRELEASE (Same as WORDEXIT)
Added cleanup code to make sure MS Word gets closed if any of the MS Word OLE commands fail.
Added API call to force Windows to allow us to launch programs in the foreground. Apparently Microsoft removed the default ability to launch programs in the foreground with Windows 98/Me/2000,etc.
If NOTESUI passed and *OTHER selected, attempt to send field values to current Notes UI Document.
Added support for PaperChases for Notes Index Fields. We can now pass index field from the AS/400 to PaperChase for Notes.
Updated Mabry FTP Server control to 184.108.40.206