When a customer sends us a report that needs to be analyzed, the following steps can be used to upload the report to the AS/400 and then spool the report to an output queue.
''Note: This process assumes that the report was received by RJS with the *FCFC print control characters.''
- Receive the report file from the customer as a file attachment.
- Sign on to the AS/400 and create a temporary work file in library QGPL for the report. Use the following AS/400 command:
CRTPF FILE(QGPL/SPOOL) RCDLEN(400) SIZE(*NOMAX)
- Start an FTP session with the AS/400 using the following command at the DOS prompt: ftp 184.108.40.206. You will be asked for your AS/400 user ID and password.
- From the FTP prompt, type the following command to upload the file. You will substitute the actual PC file name for the example c:\report.txt entry in the following FTP send sample:
send c:\report.txt qgpl/spool
- Type quit and press Enter from the FTP prompt to exit FTP.
- Sign on to the AS/400 and run the following AS/400 commands to reprint the report:
OVRPRTF FILE(QSYSPRT) CTLCHAR(*FCFC)
CPYF FROMFILE(QGPL/SPOOL) TOFILE(QSYSPRT)
Last Modified On:
No, open a new Support Case
You don't have the appropriate permissions.