Any AS/400 program can be easily modified to place information into the User Defined data of a spool file as long as the customer has the report program source. The user defined data can then be processed by COLD systems or other processes for indexing purposes.
- Create an AS/400 RPG or COBOL program that can manually open/close a spool file.
- Have the program call a CL program or call QCMDEXC to run an OVRPRTF command similar to the following prior to opening the spool file.
- OVRPRTF FILE(QSYSPRT) USRDFNDTA('This is the user defined data') SECURE(*YES)
- This command sets the user defined data in the spool file.
- When the OVRPRTF command completes, open the spool file and do the selected text or AFP/IPDS printing operations.
- Close the spool file and repeats steps 2-4 for each spool file that will be created.
Last Modified On:
No, open a new Support Case
You don't have the appropriate permissions.