Creating the AS/400 Save File
The following steps will allow you to send a spool file to Fortra in an outq. This will allow us to attempt to troubleshoot character conversion problems and other issues that may be occurring with a particular report.
- Create a save file to save the report into using the following AS/400 command: CRTSAVF FILE(QGPL/SPOOLSV)
- Place the spool file(s) in the outq you wish to send to Fortra. For this example we will use the outq RJSOUTQ.
- Save the outq to the save file using the following command:
SAVOBJ OBJ(RJSOUTQ) LIB(QGPL) DEV(*SAVF) SAVF(SPOOLSV) TGTRLS(V5R4M0) SPLFDTA(*ALL)
Note: Modify the TGTRLS parameter to adjust the version and make note of this parameter setting. Adjust the TGTRLS parameter to the version you were advised. If a given OS is not an available option on your system you should just prompt and select a version as far back as possible and include this information in the email to support.
- After running the SAVOBJ command, check the contents of SPOOLSV by running the command:
The saved outq should appear on the next screen.
Downloading the AS/400 Save File to the PC
- Send QGPL/SPOOLSV to the PC by using the DOS based FTP commands listed below. ftp
recv qgpl/spoolsv c:\spool.svf
- Send c:\spool.svf to Fortra via email to: email@example.com
Last Modified On:
No, open a new Support Case
You don't have the appropriate permissions.