Below are the steps to completely remove all releases of Showcase from a PC and perform a new installation.
- Log on as Local Administrator of the PC. If you are logged on as Administrator of the Network, make sure this profile is also listed as an Administrator user on the PC in Users and Accounts.
- To verify if your profile is Local Administrator of PC, go to Control Panel > User Accounts and see if your profile is present and that you are listed as Administrator under Groups.
- Remove all Showcase data sources using the Microsoft ODBC Administrator. Showcase data sources will need to be recreated once you have installed the new release of Showcase on the PC.
- Use Windows > Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs to remove the Showcase Client Update and then the full ShowCase client.
Follow these steps to remove any remaining traces of the Showcase client:
- Delete the folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\ShowCase
- Edit the "Path" Environment Variable.
- Go to Advanced System Settings > Environment Variables.
- In the bottom pane (System Variables), locate the Path variable and edit it by removing the three Showcase-related paths from the variable.
- Edit the Windows Registry
- Delete: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\ShowCase
- Delete any Showcase-related data sources found in: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\ODBC\ODBC.INI
- Locate the Windows uninstall registry entry and delete it (there may be more than one):
If these aren't found, then go to the Uninstall folder and search for "showcase".
- If the Showcase Addin for Excel was installed, look for the registry entry and delete it. You will find it in a folder similar to:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER / Software / Microsoft / Office / 11.0 / Excel / Options
You should see something like the following:
OPEN REG_SZ /R”c:\program files\IBM\ShowCase\9\bin\scxadd32.xll”
- Reboot the PC.
Last Modified On:
No, open a new Support Case
You don't have the appropriate permissions.