After installing ShowCase server 18.104.22.168 patch, users are unable to connect. One of the following errors are displayed:
ShowCase IBM i Driver Error connecting to server 'svs4vs24:43435': Connection refused to host: 192.168.3.85; nested exception is: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect. [ OK ]
ShowCase Query - 1 table(s) must be Change Linked to make the query executable [ OK ] [Cancel ]
Following the change-link dialog, the following displays:
ShowCase Query java.lang.NullPointerException [ OK ]
ShowCase IBM i Driver Server 'SVS4VS24:43438' not available. [ OK ]
Issue was resolved by:
- End the Showcase server
- Run the RMVSCTCP command with option Force Remove=*YES
- Run the ADDSCTCP and select different ports than used before
The errors are caused by communication problems related to the ports. In some cases, it's very difficult to determine if a specific port is blocked or in use on your network, and it's easier to simply select different ports.
The port affected generates a different error. The specific port can be identified, based on the error received by the user:
- "java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect." (Firewall port)
- "1 table(s) must be Change Linked to make the query executable" (Compression port)
- "Server 'system:port' not available." (Server port)
Watch the video below for more information.
Last Modified On:
No, open a new Support Case
You don't have the appropriate permissions.