A library named INSITELIB is added to the IBM i systems when HelpSystems One connects to it. When HelpSystems One connects to the IBM i for the first time, you will be prompted to provide a user profile with Security Administrator (*SECADM) and All Object (*ALLOBJ) special authorities. These credentials are only used once to allow the INSITELIB library to be installed and to create two new user profiles. The credentials are not saved.
INSITEADM and INSITEUSR are user profiles that are created during initial product connection to an IBM i series. After the user profiles are created, they're registered into the SNADS directory tables on your system.
All HelpSystems One product objects on IBM i systems are now owned by either INSITEADM or INSITEUSR. INSITEADM is a member of the user class *SECOFR and has all object (*ALLOBJ) authority. INSITEUSR is a member of the user class *USER. Both profiles are shipped with their passwords set to *NONE, so they cannot be used to sign on to your system. Do not specify passwords for these profiles.
The INSITEADM and INSITEUSR profiles were created for the following reasons:
- Corporate auditors requested that our objects be owned differently from IBM objects.
- For all products that require IBM i connections, you are no longer required to create Product Connection profiles with (*SECOFR) permissions.
- They allow us to build a secure product for your environment.
Without the profiles, the products will not perform as designed.
If you decide to change any attributes on the INSITEADM or INSITEUSR profiles, Fortra cannot guarantee that stability of our products and unexpected results may occur.
- If necessary, you can fix the installation of INSITELIB through the HelpSystems One IBM i Systems page.
- IBM i systems that will be connecting to your HelpSystems One Server must be at OS 7.2 or higher.
Last Modified On:
No, open a new Support Case
You don't have the appropriate permissions.