Use this procedure when unable to use the Deployment Manager Installation Wizard to upload and install the software on your IBM i system.
Note: The following procedure pertains to all Robot IBM i products except for Robot Monitor, which has a unique process for manual installation.
Please see the chart below for the appropriate file name for the product you are installing.
- Create an empty SAVF on the IBM i system: CRTSAVF (MYLIB/XX_SAVF) where XX is an abbreviation for the product you’re installing. See chart below for suggestions.
Robot Schedule for IBM i example: CRTSAVF (MYLIB/RB_SAVF)
- On your PC, navigate to the file you downloaded from the website.
- Right-click the file and choose 7-Zip > Open Archive. If you do not have 7-Zip, download it from https://www.7-zip.org/.
- Open $TEMP.
- Open HelpSystems$_23 or HelpSystems$_22.
- Right-click the file with the .HS extension and select Open Inside to view the contents of the executable file.
- Click and drag the SAVF file to the C:\ drive on your PC – see the table below (under “SAVF Name in Executable”) to identify the correct product SAVF name.
- On your PC, at the command prompt, type the following to transfer the SAVF to the IBM i system (if FTP is not available, skip to step 4).
- FTP SystemName
- Enter the IBM i user profile and password.
- LCD C:\
- PUT savfname mylib/XX_SAVF where savfname is the SAVF name from Step 2.
(Robot Schedule example: PUT SCHEDULE13 MYLIB/RB_SAVF)
- Once finished, type QUIT
- Then type EXIT
- If you were able to FTP the save files continue with step 5. However, if FTP is restricted with your network, you can use iNavigator (iNav) to get the save files onto your IBM i system.
- Create a directory on the IBM i system to move the save files to:
Where savfname is the save file name in the executable.
- Using iNav, drag/copy the save file from your PC to the '/ROBOT/savfname/' directory.
- Use the CPY command to copy savfname from the '/ROBOT/savfname' directory to the appropriate save file. (Note: The command is one line.)
CPY OBJ('/ROBOT/savfname/savfname') TOOBJ('/QSYS.LIB/MYLIB.LIB/savfname.FILE') TOCCSID(*CALC) REPLACE(*YES)
Robot Schedule example:
CPY OBJ('/ROBOT/SCHEDULE13/SCHEDULE13’) TOOBJ('/QSYS.LIB/MYLIB.LIB/SCHEDULE13.FILE') TOCCSID(*CALC) REPLACE(*YES)
- On the IBM i system, at a command line, type:
- LODRUN and prompt with F4.
- Change device to *SAVF and press Enter.
- Save file: XX_SAVF and library: MYLIB and press Enter.
- The install/update screen will appear. Follow the instructions from there to finish the process.
- To load more than one product, repeat these steps for each product using a different empty save file.
Suggested Empty SAVF Name
SAVF Name in Executable
(where xx is the version number)
Robot Browser Interface
Robot Easy View
Robot Network Host
Robot Network Node
Robot Schedule Enterprise
Robot Schedule Interface to Oracle EnterpriseOne
Last Modified On:
No, open a new Support Case
You don't have the appropriate permissions.