With Email Report Server/400 version 1.49 and above, you can use the address book feature to set up group email addresses. Group addresses allow you to assign multiple email addresses to a single group and then specify the group address when using the MAILSPLF command or the output queue monitor.
Entering a group address
To enter a new group email address entry:
- From the Email Report Server/400 main menu, choose 30. Edit Address Book.
- Press F6 to create a new address book entry.
- In Email Address, enter an email address you want to be in this group.
- In Group Name, choose a name for the group.
Note: Group names must be in capital letters.
- For each additional email address you want to add to the group, create a separate address book entry and assign it to the same group name.
Using a group email address in MAILSPLF or 4. Edit Email Recipients
To use a group address in MAILSPLF or a new email recipient entry, for the email recipient, type GROUP:GROUPNAME, where GROUPNAME is the group name.
For example: If you have several email addresses in the address book with the group SALES, in MAILSPLF or Edit Email Recipient List, type GROUP:SALES as the email recipient.
Embedding group email addresses within a report
To embed a group email address within a report, use the following syntax in the report's user defined data:
Last Modified On:
No, open a new Support Case
You don't have the appropriate permissions.