The location of Excel Source files has changed and when attempting to create a new definition displays the error: 'ODBC data source Excel Files is configured to server EXCEL and database C:\xxxxxx\xxxx' because there is no matching entry in the data source mapping table.
You need to change the SQL Database Name (Excel File location) in the Warehouse Manager Client/Data Source Mapping?.
There are two possible solutions:
- Delete the Data Source Mapping and recreate it. In Warehouse Manager, select Manage\Data Source Mapping\Remove. You may find if existing definitions use that Data Source Mapping you cannot delete it.
- Update the SQL_DATABASE_NAME field of the SCSERVER/JDBCODBC file. (SCSERVER is to be replaced with the correct Showcase Warehouse Manager install library on your system.)
- Close Warehouse Builder and Warehouse Manager on the PC (the procedure will fail if anyone is using the Data Source Mapping that needs to be updated)
- Remove the UPDATE trigger on the file.
RMVPFTRG FILE(SCSERVER/JDBCODBC) TRGEVENT(*UPDATE)
- Use STRDFU to update the SQL_DATABASE_NAME so it contains the correct path to the Excel File (the path should be in UPPERCASE)
- Add UPDATE trigger.
ADDPFTRG FILE(SCSERVER/JDBCODBC) TRGTIME(*BEFORE) TRGEVENT(*UPDATE) PGM(SCSERVER/SCTRIG)
- Check the WHM Data Source Mapping. It will reference the correct path and a new Warehouse Builder definition will work now
Last Modified On:
No, open a new Support Case
You don't have the appropriate permissions.