By default the .RTF file extension is normally associated with the MS Word software for document viewing, but sometimes the .RTF extension can get disassociated with MS Word.
Listed below are the steps to reassociate the .RTF file extension with MS Word:
- Download a .RTF file to your local hard drive and find the document using "My Computer" or the Windows Explorer.
- Right-click on the file to select it and choose the app you want to associate with .RTF files.
- Select the Open With... menu option.
- Choose Word as the program to use when opening the .RTF file.
- Enable the Always use this program to open this type of file check box.
- Click OK to save the settings and open the selected document.
The next time a .RTF file is selected it should open the MS Word program correctly.
Last Modified On:
No, open a new Support Case
You don't have the appropriate permissions.