When you create an IFS directory with the MKDIR command on the iSeries, only you can access IFS files in it. You want to change the IFS directory attributes so that other users can access files within the IFS directory.
These instructions show you how to change the authority of an IFS directory.
For this example, assume:
- The directory is named REPORTS.
- The REPORTS directory was created in the root of the IFS using the command: MKDIR DIR('/REPORTS')
To allow all users to access the /REPORTS directory:
- On a command line, run:
- In Work with Object Links, choose 9. Work With Authority and press Enter.
- For the User *PUBLIC, choose 2. Change user authority and press Enter.
- Change the *PUBLIC user authority to *RWX.
Last Modified On:
No, open a new Support Case
You don't have the appropriate permissions.