To add the iSeries Report Splitter output queue monitor (RPTMON) to the iSeries job scheduler:
- Type WRKJOBSCDE on a command line.
- To create a new job scheduler entry, press F6.
- On the Add Job Schedule Entry (ADDJOBSCDE) screen, enter the following parameters:
- Job Name: RPTMON
- Command to run:
SBMJOB CMD(RJSSPLIT/RPTMON OUTQ(QGPL/INPUTOUTQ) SPLFOPT(*MARK) DELAY(*DELAY) DLYTIM(300)) JOB(RPTMON) JOBQ(QSYSNOMAX) LOG(4 0 *NOLIST) LOGCLPGM(*YES)
Note: The above example command reads the output queue INPUTOUTQ and processes reports every 5 minutes. This entry is sent to job queue QSYSNOMAX, which is multi-threaded. The LOG and LOGCLPGM parameters create a printed job log in the QEZJOBLOG output queue in case you need to analyze the job log later.
Warning: Some job queues such as QBATCH are single-threaded and are backed up until the output queue monitor completes, so use QSYSNOMAX unless you need single threading.
- The job scheduling parameters: Frequency, Schedule Date, Schedule Day, and Schedule Time.
- Press Enter to save the new job scheduler entry.
Last Modified On:
No, open a new Support Case
You don't have the appropriate permissions.