If a customer is using namefmt 1 as the default setting for their FTP Server, the RJS FTP Library installation program will not work because it assumes library/file naming (namefmt 0).
The library will have to be uploaded using a manual FTP process.
Manual FTP library upload steps are listed below using namefmt 1 on the FTP server.
namefmt 1 means that the FTP Server will use standard IFS file naming instead of library/file naming.
Installing a library via FTP with namefmt 1 settings
The following steps can be used to upload the selected library via FTP.
- The first step is to create the AS/400 save file using the following AS/400 command:
- Go to the DOS prompt and start FTP file transfer by typing:
FTP and pressing enter.
- Once you see the FTP> prompt, type the following to open an FTP connection:
open 22.214.171.124 and press enter
Note: Your IP address will be something other than 126.96.36.199
- Once you receive the AS/400 login prompts, type your AS/400 User ID and password to log into the AS/400 FTP Server.
- Once logged in, type the following command on the FTP command prompt and press enter.
- Make sure the FTP site uses namefmt 1 by typing the following command and pressing Enter:
quote site namefmt 1
- Type the following at the FTP prompt to upload the AS/400 library:
send c:\pcsinst\pcsinst.lib /qsys.lib/qgpl.lib/pcsinstsvf.file
Note: This information MUST be typed in lower case.
- Restore the library using the following AS/400 command:
RSTLIB SAVLIB(<LIBNAME>) DEV(*SAVF) SAVF(QGPL/PCSINSTSVF)
Last Modified On:
No, open a new Support Case
You don't have the appropriate permissions.