When designing a new spreadsheet in Microsoft Excel that RPG2SQL will populate or read:
- Decide what type of data you need to capture:
- Detailed data records - Detailed information is required. Multiple data rows will be added to the spreadsheet.
- Fixed or changeable column headings - Can be hard-coded in the spreadsheet template and formatted with Excel prior to using the template and then be updated with the RPG2SQL code.
For example: Setting dates or month names at the top of each column of data and shifting the values depending on which month is current.
- Individual numeric or character data values - Field values to fill in when generating data into the spreadsheet.
For example: Column headings, a part number, customer name, rep name, and so on.
- Create the new spreadsheet file and add:
Note: Always leave the first row of the spreadsheet template blank, unless you want to use row one for column names. Start placing data in row 2 instead.
- For detailed record information, in Excel, go to Insert > Name > Define and create a named range. Call the named range something like: JulyDetail or DetailInfo.
RPG2SQL will later user this named range to add or clear detail records within the spreadsheet. Think of a named range as a pre-defined detail area or single cell within a spreadsheet. A spreadsheet template can have multiple named ranges across multiple worksheets.
Last Modified On:
No, open a new Support Case
You don't have the appropriate permissions.