Receives error when creating a JDBC connection within MS ODBC Administrator:
'OJDBC Setup error - FindClass() failed - Unable to find Java class 'com/showcasecorp/ojdbc/Util'
Installing of ShowCase Client was successfully and rebooted the computer as requested. When trying to configure the ODBC driver it gives following error message:
OJDBC Setup error FindClass() failed - Unable to find Java class 'com/showcasecorp/ojdbc/Util' in classpath '-Djava.class.path=C:\Program Files\ShowCase Suite\proddata\classes;/QIBM/ProdData/OS400/jt400/jt400Native.jar; C:\Program Files\ShowCase Suite\lib\jt400.jar; C:\Program Files\ShowCase Suite\lib\log4j.jar...etc.
- Verify that the current JAVA version 6 update 11 or higher is installed before configuring a new data source for ShowCase versions 9.0 or higher.
- At a command prompt (DOS window) issue command: java -version
- If the JAVA version is prior to version 6 update 11 then update JAVA to this level or higher before configuring a ShowCase 9.x JDBC data source within MS ODBC Administrator.
- Verify and correct the Environment Variables PATH statement, so that all the Showcase entries are towards the beginning.
NOTE: If the Environmental Variables PATH statement is too large, it will get truncated and cause issues with using Showcase. Move the ShowCase entries towards the beginning of the Environmental PATH.
EXAMPLE of Path statement:
%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem;C:\notes;C:\Program Files\XLView;C:\lotus\compnent;C:\Utilities;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Lenovo;C:\program files\ibm\personal communications\;C:\Program Files\IBM\Trace Facility\;C:\Program Files\ThinkPad\ConnectUtilities;C:\Program Files\IBM\Client Access\Emulator;C:\Program Files\IBM\Client Access\Shared;C:\Program Files\IBM\Client Access\;C:\Program Files\IBM\ShowCase\9\bin;C:\Program Files\IBM\ShowCase\9\JRE\jre\bin;C:\Program Files\IBM\ShowCase\9\JRE\jre\bin\j9vm;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\9.0\DLLShared\;C:\Program Files\ObjREXX;C:\Program Files\ObjREXX\OODIALOG;C:\Program Files\Intel\WiFi\bin\;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intel\WirelessCommon\;C:\Program Files\QuickTime\QTSystem\
To view the Environment Variable Path Statement do the following:
- In Start - Settings - Control Panel select the System option and go to the Advanced tab.
- Click on Environment variables. In the System Variables window find and highlight the entry 'Path'. There are several entries with the word 'Path' in them but there should only be one named simply 'Path'. Highlight this entry and then click on the Edit button.
- In the Edit window the entire path should be highlighted by default when the dialog first opens. Hit Control + C to copy the entire path to the clipboard and paste it into any text editor such as Notepad or Word. Make necessary changes if needed per the example above.
Last Modified On:
No, open a new Support Case
You don't have the appropriate permissions.