Check if a multi-threaded Job Queue (JOBQ) for the installation of Showcase or applying server patches is used.
Log on with QSECOFR or equivalent authority when working with the ShowCase product on the iSeries. *ALLOBJ, *IOSYSCFG, *SAVSYS, *JOBCTL, and *SECADM special authorities are needed. Verify, using the command DSPUSRPRF on the profile, these additional settings for the QSECOFR profile when installing or patching Showcase on the iSeries:
• Verify that there is NO Group Profile and Owner is None along with No Supplemental Group.
• Make sure the QSECOFR profile has NO Home directory, only of the root ( / )
• Verify that the Coded Character Set Identifier (CCSID) is set to 37
To verify if using mufti-threaded Job Queue (JOBQ) perform the following steps.
- Display the QSECOFR profile that will be used when working with Showcase on the iSeries for the Job Description being used.
- DSPUSRPRF xxx (Example: dspusrprf shc)
- Page down until you locate the Job description/library. Make note of this (Example: QDFTJOBD/QGPL)
- Run the command to display the job description noted from Step 1 above
- DSPJOBD JOBD(QGPL/QDFTJOBD)
- Replace QGPL/QDFTJOBD with your jobd/lib listed from Step 1b above
- Page down until you locate the Job Queue/library. Make note of this (Example: QBATCH/QGPL)
- WRKJOBQ JOBQ(QGPL/QBATCH) (note change this to what is displayed in Step 2a above.
- Press Shift / F9 Select option to display the subsystem where the job queue entry is configured.
- Use Option 5 - Display to display the subsystem description.
- Select option 6 to display the job queue entries. Find the job queue entry for the user and check the Max Active value.
- It should be preferably set to 10 or *NOMAX. If not make the change as needed.
Note: Once the ShowCase INSTALL successfully, then this setting can be changed back.
Last Modified On:
No, open a new Support Case
You don't have the appropriate permissions.