SNDOBJFTP Command Description
In FTP/400 version 1.26 or above, you can use the SNDOBJFTP command to automatically save an iSeries file or other object with SAVOBJ and send it via FTP to a remote iSeries library.
- Object name: The name of the iSeries object or objects to be saved.
- Object library: The library where objects are saved from.
- Object type: The iSeries object type. The default value is *ALL.
- Remote system IP address: The IP address to the remote iSeries system.
- Remote User ID: The remote iSeries user ID.
- Remote Password: The remote iSeries password.
- Restore to library: The library where objects are restored to.
- FTP Log Option: Whether an FTP log is generated or displayed for the FTP transfer job.
- FTP command after transfer: An iSeries command line to run on the remote system after the FTP transfer completes. This command can launch a job to process the transferred file, send a message, or anything else an iSeries command can do.
For example: This example sends an iSeries data file to a remote system and then sends a message to the iSeries system operator. The file is saved from library QIWS on the local system and sent to library RJSJUNK on the remote system.
SNDOBJFTP OBJECT(QCUSTCDT) LIBRARY(QIWS) OBJTYPE(*ALL) SYSTEM('22.214.171.124') USER(DICK) PASSWORD() RSTLIB(RJSJUNK) LOGOPT(*DSP) CMD1('SNDMSG MSG(''All Done with FTP Transfer'') TOUSR(*SYSOPR)')
To view the message sent to the remote system operator after the transfer, sign on to the remote iSeries with 5250 and run the following command:
Last Modified On:
No, open a new Support Case
You don't have the appropriate permissions.