WinView/400 reads uncompressed reports in SPL format and compressed reports in ZSP format. Netscape 3.0 and below needs a helper application to view these email file attachments. To use WinView/400 as the Netscape helper program, register WinView/400 with Netscape:
- In the Netscape menu, go to Options > General Preferences.
- Choose the Helper tab to display a list of helper applications.
- Click Create New Type.
- In Mime Type, choose application.
- In Mime SubType, type zsp.
- Click OK.
- In File Extensions, choose ZSP.
- In Action, check Launch the Application.
- In the application command line below the Action check box, type c:\winview\winview.exe.
- (Optional) If you need to register uncompressed SPL files as well, return to step 3 and repeat these instructions, substituting SPL every place you used ZSP.
Note: RJS Software recommends that you use compressed files when sending reports to Netscape 3.0 users. If you only send compressed files, you do not need to register the SPL extension.
Last Modified On:
No, open a new Support Case
You don't have the appropriate permissions.