Posted Tue, 14 May 2019 21:26:19 GMT by

Hi, can't seem to find the answer..

I am adding using the excel add in and want to open a script, i have selected a script and when i click ok it prompts me for teh variables but fails to give data. I get an error message that reads no records available! check joblog for possible errors.

I'm pretty sure its because i don't have the end of the script written correctly to allow data to be imported, here is my script

SEQUEL/EXECUTE VIEW(PHMGTSUM) OUTFILE(QTEMP/PHMGTSUM1) REPLACE(*YES) SETVAR((&FDATE &FDATE) (&TDATE &TDATE))

SEQUEL/EXECUTE VIEW(PHMGTSUM2) OUTFILE(QTEMP/PHMGTSUM1) MBROPT(*ADD) SETVAR((&FDATE &FDATE) (&TDATE &TDATE))

SEQUEL/EXECUTE VIEW(PHMGTSUM3)

What am i missing to complete the script?

Thanks

Paul

Posted Tue, 14 May 2019 21:58:28 GMT by

Hi Paul,

If you plan to use a script as an excel plug-in, make sure to make the script a SCRIPTVIEW.

A scriptview is defined by the script type flag that you can set in the FILE menu with the "Toggle Script Type" option.

All scriptviews must end with the SEQUEL/SCRETURN command, in place of the EXECUTE command in your example.

Your modified script lines would look like this.  Also note the change to the SETVAR command string in the script example below.

Run the script, stand alone, in ViewPoint and make sure that results are returned before you use it as an add-in.

One final note, for excel 64 bit.  Make sure your version of Sequel is at least R11M08 to support 64 bit install. Help->About in ViewPoint will show version detail.

SEQUEL/EXECUTE VIEW(PHMGTSUM) OUTFILE(QTEMP/PHMGTSUM1) REPLACE(*YES) SETVAR((&FDATE "&&FDATE") (&TDATE "&&TDATE"))

SEQUEL/EXECUTE VIEW(PHMGTSUM2) OUTFILE(QTEMP/PHMGTSUM1) MBROPT(*ADD) SETVAR((&FDATE "&&FDATE") (&TDATE "&&TDATE"))

SEQUEL/SCRETURN VIEW(PHMGTSUM3)

If you still don't get results, please call this into Sequel support at 952-933-0609 or submit a support request from the Forum page.

Posted Tue, 14 May 2019 23:34:49 GMT by

perfect, thanks for your help

You must be signed in to post in this forum.