Posted Wed, 01 May 2019 04:48:17 GMT by

How do I set up a robot job from I-series/as400  to the kick off a .bat file on the Informatica TDM server. The robot agent is installed on the informatica server.

Posted Wed, 01 May 2019 23:21:23 GMT by

Hello,

Robot jobs run on a Windows server will need to be created using the Robot Schedule gui. They will be called Agent jobs.

For first time setup, I recommend using the Job setup wizard found as a Gear icon, at the top of the window.  The wizard will walk you through necessary setup info.  

The .bat exe will be run under the Command Entry panel.

Posted Fri, 03 May 2019 23:51:49 GMT by

I'm not sure we have the gui job setup wizard. We have Robot release V13 I believe. Would the RBTRLCCLIB/RCLEXEC CLIENT(XXX) work?

Posted Sat, 04 May 2019 01:13:38 GMT by

Robot Schedule gui can be found under Downloads https://community.helpsystems.com/products-and-downloads/downloads/download/?id=671614a7-e617-e811-80eb-005056840e18

There will be a downloadable .exe is called Robot Schedule GUI for Windows.  This is a graphical interface used on your Windows PC to access Robot Schedule on the iSeries.

The RBTRLCCLIB/RCLEXEC CLIENT(XXX) is a command used in Robot Client, and no longer used in Schedule Enterprise.  There is a BIF, Built in Functions under the Command Entry panel that can be used to transfer files.  This is also where you can enter your .bat exe command to run.

Posted Sat, 04 May 2019 02:57:10 GMT by

Thanks for your quick responses, by the way.

We don't have Schedule Enterprise. Would this gui download work in our version?

Posted Sat, 04 May 2019 04:20:02 GMT by

The gui will still work, but you will need Schedule Enterprise to interact with other Windows Servers (Agents).

Schedule Enterprise is an add on feature to Robot Schedule.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.