I have a programmer with a question on why a reactive job ran before the dependent job did.
This involves 4 jobs, but the issue is with the last 2 jobs with the EX name:
- JOBA– runs DAILY at 03:50
- JOBB – Runs DAILY at 08:00
- REACTA – scheduled on Monday as reactive to JOBA AND JOBB. No times configured
- REACTB - scheduled Monday at 08:25 and also reactive to REACTA
- JOBA ended at 04:10
- JOBB ended at 08:34
- REACTA – did not start until 08:34, finished at 08:44
- REACTB - started to run at 08:25 even though REACTA had not run yet
I know in the past we've had times where jobs with a time and reactive job just didn't run because the reactive job was still running, but this is the 1st time I've seen a dependent job run BEFORE the reactive job even ran.
In the meantime, they've pushed the start time of REACTB back to 10:00 in order to keep it from happening again
I see this entry in the audit log, changing DEPJCD from C to BLANK,causing REACTB to run, but REACTA hadn’t begun to run yet. I've posted the after portion of the audit log under the
01/28/19 08:25:01 RBTDEP Update RBT635 617228/RBTUSER/ROBOT