Posted Tue, 15 Dec 2020 02:09:46 GMT by

Hi all,

I connect to Automate on a machine via RDP

When I login to this machine with my user I have no problem but, when another person login with his/her credentials, the person can sees the tasks and all the configuration but cannot see the Event Monitor process.

When the person goes on task manager, he/she sees that the AMEM.exe process keeps on opening and closing automatically

1) tried to run it manually but it keeps on closing

2) in the Tab "Users" the person logged is the only one connected

Thank you in advance for the help

Gabriele

Automate Version:

Automate Premium

Windows Version:
Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard

Posted Wed, 16 Dec 2020 10:36:11 GMT by

Hello Gabriele,

If you would like the even monitor to run on the first user that logs in to the server please make sure that the Event Monitor process is running as first user logged on by going to Optioon > System settings > Event Monitor from the Task Administrator. If setting the event monitor to run as 'first user logged' in does not help, it may be an issue with an Antivirus or security scanning app if one is installed. You will need to whitelist the AMEM.exe process from the Antivirus. Please let us know if this helps. 

Posted Wed, 16 Dec 2020 18:37:53 GMT by

Hi Mary,

my set up was on "first user logged", I switched it to "Console" and this seems to work for me.

Now the person who log in just has to start the AMEM.exe process from Task Manager and that's it.

Many thanks for the help

Gabriele

Posted Thu, 17 Dec 2020 09:37:07 GMT by

Hi Gabriele,

AMEM.exe should automatically start. If you are still logged in or in a Disconnected Session on the same machine you will keep a hold on AMEM.exe process. Not until you logoff gracefully will your co-worker be able to take the AMEM process automatically.  

You must be signed in to post in this forum.